Would you like to learn how to use social media for your business, better? We can spend hours researching, analyzing, and lastly creating compelling content to assist in reaching content advertising objectives set out for the company. From video tutorials, blog posts, infographics to carefully curated lists, these vehicles to virtually share our business story and messages online are many!
Our work does not stop there though… Once this new digital content has been prepared and polished to a final state of brilliance, you then will need to spend a LOT, if not more time, promoting your content as you may very well have taken to write it.
How to use social media to promote business
Where better to promote your content than where we spend more than 25 percent of our on-line time:- our social networks. Although many entrepreneurs and business owners are already boosting their content in social media, the question is – are they doing it effectively?
Before we dive further into social network tactics in our upcoming blog posts and training videos, we first recommend ensuring you are planning out your content and social network updates on an editorial content calendar. This ensures each piece of content is properly promoted in an organized manner.
How businesses use social media for marketing
Download this free editorial calendar template from the folks at HubSpot to start planning today.
Here are 10 effective ways to promote your content with social networks:
1. Embrace The Visual – We all know tweets with pictures get more engagement. We’ve known for some time that pictures on Facebook get more engagement. Even pictures on LinkedIn get more engagement. Three of the latest social networks: Pinterest, Instagram, and Snapchat, are based entirely on pictures. Is your business embracing and leveraging the visual when promoting your content?
2. Don’t just create a branded foreground image to share with your post – create several different images for your posts featuring each of the main points in your content and use these whenever you repeatedly post to social media.
3. Headlines Matter – You’re writing great content, but are you writing a title worthy of attracting someone’s attention via the distracting and overloaded social networks? (Use this free headline analyzer tool to check up on the emotional marketing value of your new title!) If not you either need to:
- Create better titles that help your posts to be more desirable for your audience to promote via their social networks.
- Create a brand new title especially for sharing your content via social networks.
Although we do like the first option best, don’t feel that you must settle for one title. You should be posting your content multiple times so create multiple titles, and perform A\/B testing to see which headlines most effectively promote your content on which of the social networks.
Utilize a tool like BuzzSumo to assist you research effective titles for the same type of content but for social media.
4. Customize For the Platform – When sharing content, utilize the customizable posting attributes on each social network platform.
5. Including the headline, image, and a description of the content you are sharing. Every marketer and social network user is competing to catch the users eye. The more optimised your post is for a specific platform, the more efficient and effective your social network promotion will be!
6. FACEBOOK – Create a business page. The platform then allows a business to post and feature product links, services, or event listings, as well as take advantage of Facebook Ads. Why not start a Facebook Group for your customers or clients to join and engage in?
7. INSTAGRAM – The internet is all about the visuals and Instagram is THE place to showcase and share your story online. If your business does not already have an Instagram Business Profile, it should!
This platform provides users the option to post images or video-based content all organized by hashtag (click here to learn more about the hashtag [#]). Once a post has been published it can then also be added to your profile story and even featured as a Highlight for ongoing promotion on your account profile page.
8. PINTEREST – Do not underestimate the power of Pinterest! Think your business does not need Pinterest? Did you know, on average, 300 million people use Pinterest every month? Yes, MILLIONS. That’s a whole lot of eyeballs your business needs to be reaching!
Pinterest is often miscategorized as a social media platform. Yes, in ways that is what it is… However, Pinterest is more about search power, Pinterest is where people go to search for, well, pretty much anything you can imagine. Much like YouTube is this regard, Pinterest holds incredible horsepower in regards to search engine optimization and helping your business get found online.
Simply, create a business account, add a few relevant, keyword rich content Boards and begin uploading your Pins! Once you have this part mastered, Pinterest also provides the option to utilize Ads.
9. YOUTUBE: Videos are where content needs to be today. Think about when you log in online to search for or learn about something. Would your first reaction be to watch the video that popped up at the top of the Google Search…or the blog post?
Most users online today will immediately tap on the video. There are endless ways a business can take advantage of video, take a look around YouTube, what are businesses similar to yours doing? See how others are using the platform to sell their products, services, or simply tell their story.
10. LINKEDIN: LinkedIn also provides businesses the ability to create a page for your business. Once your business page has been created, although posting is similar to Facebook, the difference is that these posts and updates are generally more professional in nature.
[BONUS] 11. TWITTER Now, we cannot forget about Twitter… A platform designed for the shortest and sweetest of ‘tweets’. although it may not be for everyone, this is a great place for businesses to hang around online! Twitter is often highly underestimated and should not be discounted! (Beginner Twitter Tip: Don’t forget to add your #hashtags!!)
Take a moment to consider the question again…
Would you like to learn how to use social media for your business BETTER?
When it comes to the ever-evolving world of digital marketing and promoting business online, we can always do better and learn more!