Are you being scolded for not yet having a website for your business? Have you been feeling like you may be missing out on potential online sales and revenue streams you could be taking advantage of from having a business website?
The truth of the matter is, YES – You very well could be!
Do I REALLY need a website for my business?
That totally depend on a variety of factors! Not all businesses require a website and for some small businesses the costs associated with establishing and maintaining a website can be unrealistic. However, a great website is most definitely the basis for a strong and healthy online presence for your business. Do not get discouraged, as many successful business have also built just as strong of an online presence solely based upon social media!
Did you know that Google now offers a range of SUPER cost-friendly domain and website options for businesses?
Take a moment and tap right HERE to preview Google Domains!
Before making any costly website design decisions, here is list of questions you may first want to consider:
1“What is YOUR why?” What is the why behind the website and what is it’s ultimate purpose?
Will you be using it to showcase your products or services?
Are you really just looking to set up a simple, one page homepage for business?
Or will your business require a complex online e-commerce store?
2. Have you prepared your e-commerce and digital marketing strategy yet
and if not, will you need help in doing so?
3. Do you have a sufficient budget set aside
for designing, building and maintaining a website?
4. Will you need to hire a web designer,
agency or company to build your new website for you?
5. Do you have the technical abilities and digital know how to build and maintain a website?
6. Are you willing to learn how to use a do it yourself website builder
and do you have the time available to do so?
7. Does your business have products and services that will have to be regularly updated on the website?
8. Does your business already have an established online store
9. Would your customers, clients and online audience benefit from also having a website available for their use?
10. What benefits could a website bring to your business that social media does not already provide?
11. Do you plan to generate ad revenue from your website
12. What about a blog?
Could your business and clients benefit from a regularly updated blog featuring related news and information?
Do you REALLY need to have a website?
If YES has been your answer to any of the above questions, it may very well be time!
All of these questions will come in to play when considering if your business needs a website and to what extent of a website your business may need.
Of course, there are options for building low dollar and even free, do it yourself websites, even these options will still have some costs and regular upkeep necessary to keep your new business website in tip top operations.
It is one thing for your business to not have a website…The worst mistake a business can make online though is to have an inoperable, out of date, or inaccessible website.
Does your business need a website?
Well, that is really up to you! After considering these questions, what conclusion have you come to?
Stayed tuned for future blog posts where we will be exploring the costs associated with maintaining a website for your business and other related future topics!