YouTube has grown to become one of the go-to technologies to help in improving presentations, lectures, course room discussions, and well… daily life! How often is YouTube the first resource you reach for when wanting to learn about something?
How many times a day – REALLY – do you open your YouTube app on your phone or mobile device to research a topic of interest or how-to video?
When YouTube first began, the majority of the material and video content found was on the side of fun, or just plain odd.
Do you remember the first YouTube video you ever saw?
In more recent years, YouTube now provides users with the ability to access a steady stream of digital information about pretty much any topic one could dream up.
What makes YouTube so GREAT?
For those who do not already know, YouTube is a free online video sharing platform that has quickly become a wildly popular means to upload, share, see, AND, of course, comment on video clips. The vast majority of adult internet users in North America report watching or downloading some form of on-line video content from the platform.
Still perched on the virtual fence regarding YouTube and your business?
Here’s our list of reasons WHY every business should be considering YouTube advertising!
- YouTube allows users to post movies on the website for anyone, anywhere, to view!
- YouTube videos accelerate comprehension and add interest in topics and hopefully, YOUR BUSINESS!
- College instructors can capitalize on the surge of online movies by incorporating YouTube video presentations and use in the classroom.
- Successfully integrating a YouTube video can help a global audience obtain a better understanding of the discussed subject, product, or service.
- The effective utilization of a YouTube video can also help viewers to better understand complex issues and ideas.
- YouTube is an excellent source for finding video material to be used in speeches or as background material.
YouTube Videos & Advertising: Tips to help get you started!
- Brand your YouTube business channel, customize, make it your own!
- Utilize tools such as TubeBuddy to assist with the finer details of YouTube Videos.
- Layout an overview of points you would like to discuss in your video or some choose to even use a teleprompter to help in guiding through presentations.
- Titles MATTER! Do your research and be sure to use captivating, relevant headlines, and descriptions.
- Always check the room light, your visual space, and acoustics before recording videos.
- Don’t forget to cue in the video segment before starting the presentation – take a breath, get centered in your space, SMILE, then press record!
Is YouTube a reliable source for information?
Here is a final thought to keep in mind until next time…
Just as with Wikipedia, and the other online resource platforms available to us today, where content is not screened for accuracy, the movies and video content found on YouTube, are only as valid as the original source.